Duk Gyoo Kim
Department of Economics
University of Mannheim
L 7, 3-5 Room 225
68161 Mannheim, Germany
PHONE: +49 621 181 1797
I am an assitant professor in Economics at the University of Mannheim. I study topics on public economics and political economy, and I conduct lab and field experiments.
- I usually go by ‘Duk,’ by pronouncing ‘DOOK’ quickly.
- Want to enunciate my first name, ‘Duk Gyoo’? Click to listen
Work in progress
- Population Uncertainty in Voluntary Contributions of Public Goods, The Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2018, Volume 145, 2018, Pages 218-231
- The Second-Tier Trap: Theory and Experimental Evidence, forthcoming at The International Journal of Economic Theory
- Response time in choosing the most or least preferred option, Economics Bulletin Vol. 36 No. 1 pp. 595-600
- Why Are the Poor Conservative? (with Paul Moon Sub Choi), The Korean Journal of Economics, 2015, Vol.22(1), pp. 15-24
- The Coin Strategy and Charitable Giving
A shorter summary: I ran a field experiment on charitable giving. 16,000 solitication letters were sent, and only one donation was received. I still like the idea and the experimental design though.